How to Check IRS Refund Status :
This year for many people, tax refunds are a week or more like months behind the schedule. Taxpayer Advocate Services has reported more than 35 million unprocessed returns last month. It was the result of multiple challenges caused by the pandemic. On the other hand, IRS is currently busy distributing adjusting returns, stimulus payments, and calculating other credits. In order to check your tax return, IRS provides the Where’s My Return tool. It is very easy to use and there are also ways to check your tax transcript online.
How to Check the IRS Returns Status :
It is quite simple to check the IRS return status. You will require your social security number or individual taxpayer identification number, your filing status – single, married, or head of household, and your refund amount in the whole dollar. In order to use the Where’s My Return tool, you have to follow these simple steps below:
- Firstly, you need to click on this link www.irs.gov/refunds.
- Then, on that page, you need to click on the Check My Refund Status option.
- You have to provide your social security number or IRS individual taxpayer identification number on the first field.
- Then, you have to provide your filling status.
- On the last field, you have to enter your refund amount.
- After entering all the necessary details, you have to click on the Submit button.
- Then, you can simply follow the on-screen guideline to check your IRS Returns status.
Check the IRS Returns Status by IRS2Go Mobile App :
You have the second option to check your IRS Refund status through the IRS2Go mobile app. You can download the app from the Google Play and App Store on your smartphone or mobile device. Through the app, you can check your refund, submitting a secure IRS payment, find free tax prep assistance, and more information regarding the filling.
Also Read : Upgrade Personal Loan Application
Some Tips on IRS Return Status Check :
These following things that you should know about the IRS Return:
- After 24 hours of filling up your e file tax return or 4 weeks after mailing in a paper return, you can check your IRS Return status.
- Within 21 days your refunds will be issued.
- You will get the updates regarding the return is received, the refund is approved, and when your refund has been sent.
- Every 24 hours the system is updated, which means you don’t have to check your status all day.
- Where’s My Return tool gives you the most accurate and complete information available.
What Could Be the Reason for Delaying the Tax Return :
These are the following reasons your income tax refund might be delayed:
- Your tax returned has errors.
- It’s incomplete.
- Refund is identity theft or suspected or fraud.
- The return needs further review.